At St. Luke’s Cancer Center, our goal is to make your health care journey as easy and understandable as possible. Our specially trained nurse navigators are available to help guide you with understanding your new diagnosis, potential treatment plans and side effects. Your nurse navigator will also comfort and reassure you, empower and assist you throughout your journey, as well as adjusting to Life Beyond Cancer. They work with you, your loved ones and your doctors and care team throughout the screening, diagnosis, treatment and survivorship process.
St. Luke’s Oncology Nurse Navigators:
- Provide a unique level of support and assistance to patients and their families.
- Help with coordinating timely appointments.
- Assist with providing easier access to care (helping with financial concerns, transportation, language, etc.)
- Support and navigate from diagnosis thru survivorship, by reinforcing education and coordinating information with the cancer care team.
- Educate about additional supportive resources
- Help answer any questions you may have
We also offer Cancer Support Counselors who may help in the following ways:
- Short term counseling for you and your family members.
- Assistance with preparing for conversations with family, friends and co-workers regarding your diagnosis and coping with the reactions you may receive.
- Guidance in accessing resources for practical needs such as transportation, insurance, financial assistance, employment, durable medical equipment, personal care and more.
- Serve as a bridge to the medical care team to assure that you have an understanding of treatment options and assistance with decision making.
- Assistance in adjustment to life after treatment. Many people find that the months after completing cancer treatment are especially difficult as they try to return to a more normal lifestyle.